Even its been two weeks I've delivered my baby, I think I am going to share what we've had prepared before the arrival of our baby. Seriously Robert and I can't expect what will be happen during labor and delivery. Preparation is the key. Besides attending 6 session of childbirth online classes. We also found birth plan checklist from babycenter.com website. We printed out that birth plan and we discussed with my OB/GYN at my appointment on 25th Jan 2013. This time I was 37th weeks pregnant. 
picture from babycentre.com
The discussion took about half an hour. My OB/GYN told us most of the birth plan that she got from her previous patients 80% were not successful and some successful. We just plan and see what comes up. Thankfully we had a good OB/GYN, very concern about our plan unless something emergency.  
So here it is our birth plan:  
There were many options and the red color were the one we selected
  
1) ATTENDANTS
I'd like the following people to be present during labor and/or birth:
Partner: Husband

Friend/s: 
Relative/s:
Doula: 

2) AMENITIES
I'd like to: 

>bring music
>dim the lights
>wear my own clothes during labor and delivery
>take pictures and/or video during labor and delivery

3)HOSPITAL ADMISSION & PROCEDURES
I'd like the option of returning home if I'm not in active labor.
Once I'm admitted, I'd like:

>my partner to be allowed to stay with me at all times
>only my practitioner, nurse, and guests to be present (i.e., no residents, medical students, or other hospital personnel)

>to wear my contact lenses, as long as I don't need a c-section
>to eat if I wish to
>to try to stay hydrated by drinking clear fluids instead of having an IV to have a heparin or saline lock

>to walk and move around as I choose

4)OTHER INTERVENTIONS
As long as the baby and I are doing fine,
 I'd like to:
>have intermittent rather than continuous electronic fetal monitoring
>be allowed to progress free of stringent time limits and have my labor augmented only if necessary

5) LABOR PROPS
If available, I'd like to try a:
>birthing stool
>birthing chair
>squatting bar
>birthing pool/tub

Unfortunately the medical centre don't provide all those above props so
the option is...

I'd like to bring the following equipment with me:
>birthing stool
>beanbag chair
>birthing pool/tub
>other: Birthing ball
6) PAIN RELIEF
I'd like to try the following pain-management techniques:
>acupressure
>bath/shower .
>breathing techniques/distraction
>hot/cold therapy
>self-hypnosis
>massage 

>medication
>other: 


Please don't offer me pain medication. I'll request it if I need it.
If I decide I want medicinal pain relief, I'd prefer:
>regional analgesia (an epidural and/or spinal block)
>systemic medication

8)PUSHING
When it's time to push, I'd like to:
>do so instinctively
>be coached on when to push and for how long
>be allowed to progress free of stringent time limits as long as my baby and I are doing fine
 

I'd like to try the following positions for pushing (and birth):
>semi-reclining
>side-lying position
>squatting hands and knees whatever feels right at the time
9) VAGINAL BIRTH
During delivery, I'd like:
>to view the birth using a mirror
>to touch my baby's head as it crowns
>the room to be as quiet as possible
>to give birth without an episiotomy
>my partner to help "catch" our baby

After birth, I'd like:
>to hold my baby right away, putting off any procedures that aren't urgent
>to breastfeed as soon as possible
>not to get oxytocin (Pitocin) after I deliver the placenta unless it's necessary
>to wait until the umbilical cord stops pulsating before it's clamped and cut
my partner to cut the umbilical cord

10) C-SECTION
>If I have a c-section, I'd like:
>my partner present at all times during the operation
>the screen lowered a bit so I can see my baby being delivered
>the baby to be given to my partner as soon as he's dried, if appropriate
>to breastfeed my baby in the recovery room

11)CORD BLOOD BANKING
I'm planning to: 

>donate cord blood to a public bank
>bank cord blood privately
>neither

12) POSTPARTUM
After delivery, I'd like:
>all newborn procedures to take place in my presence
>my partner to stay with the baby at all times if I can't be there 

>to stay in a private room
>to have a cot provided for my partner
I'd like:
>24-hour rooming-in with my baby
>my baby to room-in with me only when I'm awake
>my baby brought to me for feedings only
>to make my decision later depending on how I'm feeling
 >my other children brought in to see me and meet the new baby as soon as possible after the birth.

13)FEEDING ISSUES
 

I plan to:
>breastfeed exclusively
>combine breastfeeding and formula-feeding
>formula-feed exclusively

Do not offer my baby:
>formula sugar
>water
>a pacifier

14) DISCHARGE

I'd like to: 
>be discharged from the hospital with my baby as soon as possible
>stay at the hospital as long as possible
>wait and see how I feel before deciding about the timing of hospital discharge


So Does our birth plan successful? I'll write on the next post