Tarte aux Pommes or classic French Apple tart is perhap the best loved dessert in France. I decided to make it from the moment I watched Barefoot Contessa in Food Network channel a few weeks ago. 
Definitely it was so simple to prepare. It is different than American pie or tart which is no crust on top. The recipe suggested to use Granny Smith Apple but I substituted it with red apple. I may to try using Granny Smith next time.You can refer this recipe for actual recipe. I modified it for 2 servings and reduce sugar. It turned out great, flaky and tasted great. I love it. 


Preheat oven at 350 degree F or higher 375 degree F

Pastry :
1 cup of flour
4 Tbsp of cold butter
1/3 cup or less of cold water
1/2 tsp of salt
1 Tbs of sugar

Filling:
1 or 2 apples
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp sugar.

Bake it for 40 minutes. Bon apetite!