I'm really getting hooked on the sweet, sour and crunchy thing. Never got rid of it. The thing that I meant is pickles. Oh my!.. It made me drooling when I think about it. I love fruit pickles especially mango but here I find cucumber pickles are the famous one. Americans eat them with salads, burgers and sandwiches. You'll find variety of cucumber pickles style at the store; relish, sour, sweet, no sugar added. My most favourite is old fashioned sweet (bread&butter) by Mt Olive brand. It made in here at Mount Olive, NC since 1926. I've never been to the place. Definitely I wish to visit someday. It is the best cucumber pickle I've ever tasted.


We bought a big jar of Mt Olive cucumber pickles the other day. Funnily, both of us craving of the pickles. We eat it straight from the jar or eat it with burgers. And tonight, I made creamy red potato salad with pickles in it.

Great taste and love it, love it!

Potato salad recipe
  • 6 red potatoes (Cut chunk, boil until tender)
  • 4 hard boiled eggs
  • Mayonaisse
  • Paprika
  • Mustard
  • Ground Black pepper
  • Cucumber pickles (optional : relish)