July 1st is a major remark on my calendar. It is Robert's birthday. I planned to have something fancy for his birthday, but he just wanted to keep it simple this year. No dining out. Just a cake and some present. I was thinking to make a black forest or coconut cake or pineapple upside down but he desired something different. So I baked a cake that had never been in my thought before. Here it is..

Strawberry cake torte with rich strawberry cream topping.  
Pink colour huh. Great! My first trying on letters decoration. It turned out good!

Besides that, one thing on the 1st of July last year happened on the 1st of July this year. It was about fledgling young bird I found in the yard yesterday. What a coincidence? Or is that young Robin bird planning to learn flies on the 1st of July? You can refer my last year post about this bird (click this). Same date happened to this year. 

Two birds flying while making chirps sound over my head when I came closer to that young bird. For sure that was its parents. Their chirping sound really annoying but obviously that was part of their communications. The young bird moved around on the yard while spreading its wing and remained one place after awhile. I took a chance taking some pictures and touched it.
It looked at me silently and didn't move away from me. It was so cute. What a special day!
Maybe it wanted to wish a happy birthday to Robert. I left after few minutes with it. Hopefully it would fly soon.
Those birds were gone when I came to the yard today. I guess that young American Robin already flew with its parents.

Have a great weekend!