It happened during summer time on my husband's birthday. I found the small, brown, full feathered bird was hopping around in the backyard. It must have fallen out of the nest. The nest must be somewhere on the trees but it was very hard to see it. He tried to spread his wings out for few times to fly but only he can do just hopping and it's wings has not fully developed like adult bird.This was my first time seeing the bird alone on the ground.

A few birds flying over my head and making noise which they chirping to each other when I tried to touch him. Maybe they were his mama and papa.
He did not scare of me and stand still when I snapped some pictures with my camera phone.
I showed the picture to my husband and we were thinking about the danger might came to that bird. We decided to keep him in the box. I rushed to the garage and looking for the box in the middle of old cabinet. There were few dusty boxes with different sizes and the rectangular shoe box was my choice because there has a few round holes at the side of the box. I ran quickly to the backyard. Now where is that bird? My eyes can't focus since the brown chestnut fruits on the ground had camouflaged that brown little bird. Finally I found him under the pear tree.

I put him in the box and running back to the garage. Feeling curious and wondering what the bird was, I searched on the Internet to find out the type of the bird and steps to take care of him. Aha! I found out that was a young American Robin and it was called fledgling bird meaning a young bird that has just grown the feathers needed to fly and  it is capable of surviving outside the nest. I looked to other few websites and found they advised it is best to "let nature take it's course".

After sitting down a while, I had thought that it would be selfish if I kept this bird and let his parents searching for him around the yard. So I decided to put him back nearby to the pear tree. The next day I didn't see that bird. Something has taken him. What kind of the nature take it's course? No one know.