Switching blog design frequently, it's totally absurd of me. Personally I have been trying to stick on one template and hopefully it would be last long for months. But it's hard to get persistence of idea or I might be the person who obsessed with different style, design and color. The bottom line is my XL photos size must fit in the column. Anyway that's not the highlight of the issue.


A couple days ago I bought a pack of medium shrimp. Generally seafood is rarely food in our daily menu. We planned to reduce the seafood intake due to healthy matter. Speaking of shrimps, we have different kind of cooking manner. I love when shrimp is cooked with its skin on while he loves it in the other way.

Most stores sell headless shrimp, tail with the shell intact. I cook the whole shrimp directly from the package most time,no waste anything and my  favourite shrimp recipe is to saute them in chili paste. I think it taste good with its skin/shell on but he isn't tempted by that way even it is spicy.

Boneless, skinless and fatless meat (chicken,fish) are part of his meal style so I notice that he likes shrimp as meat does, skinless shrimp. That means I get an extra job to peel off the shell before cooking. Cooking time also concern him. He would say that I murdered it when I cooked meat or seafood longer than he wished. Sometimes he prepares food and I could say he cooks meat better than me. Is that mean men make a better chefs than women?Not at all. In spite of that I am still learning to cook western food. *Noted: No skin, No over cook.

When I think about the shrimp recipe, the Forrest Gump movie had flashed on my memory. If you've seen that movie, you will notice this scene part where  Forrest's best friend named Bubba was talking about shrimp. 
I love this part:
"Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

I would love to try all those kind of shrimp recipes that Bubba mentioned. Except the fried one. My tongue has been educated by spicy, oily, soupy,milky since I was a kid. Definitely I would have little odd taste when I try to shift from spicy to mild taste of shrimp. Last weekend, I decided to make two recipes from those list as the beginning of western cooking trend for shrimp.

First recipe was "Shrimp Egg Salad", I found a recipe on the internet from this site and I made some change of ingredient from that actual recipe.

Shrimp Egg Salad recipe :
1 cup of fresh raw shrimp - microwave it almost 2 minutes
2 Hard boiled eggs           - chopped
2 Tbs of Mayonaisse
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
Some fresh onion

**Mix well all ingredients in a bowl and serve on crackers or bread. That's it! 
The shrimp was covered by white mayonnaise. He loved it so I guess I did it good!! 
Shrimp and mayonnaise? Creamy and very mild taste, my tongue should adapt it. I thought I started to like it.

The second recipe was Shrimp Burger or here they called "Shrimp Patty Sandwich". You can refer actual recipe from this site. I made for 4 servings and the ingredient I made it simple:

I cup of  pancake mix
1 egg
1 cup of fresh shrimp
Paprika, Salt, Pepper
Potato flakes (instead of cornmeal)

I used 100% whole wheat Arnold Sandwich Thin bread.

You can see in  the picture below:
We preferred to eat them when it was still warm. Both of us love it and I would make it again some other time.
 Have a good week!!