Running, swimming  and biking are part of the cardiovascular exercise which do not cost much and can be done almost everywhere. I realized they are very important for my physical fitness but seriously all those physical acitivites are the laziest thing when it comes to me.


Once you started the exercise you have to keep it up and doing it regularly. When you stop for some times, you have to start all over again. The reason to keep going is to maintain more healthy body weight and to keep blood circulating all over your body. Sometimes we  see people hire a physical trainer or coach to achieve their objective and motivation. It is like a JOB to keep your body fit and you get to be serious on it. I don't like to think it as a job, it is not fun. Exercise should be fun and you got to love it while doing it.

Personally I really enjoy doing exercise in group such as aerobic steps, yoga and dance. It is more fun and keeps me motivate to do it at least twice a week. But when I don't feel to go anywhere, the exercise equipment is one of the alternative to keep me accompany. So I am presenting our Nordic Track Skier or I just called ski machine. Babe was in the pic accidentally. I love to see him sitting like that, like a bear.


As technology advanced with electronic treadmill and elliptical trainer, this ski machines has its own advantageous. It's provide total body workout, low impact manner and raise metabolism. It uses long ski board or foot pedals that move on rollers using leg motion and swivelling rope or pulley system for arms  movement.


I took sometime to get use to the whole set when my baby introduced to me. I started exercise with legs  first but once I obtained the coordination needed to exercise lower body  then I slowly added the upper body workout using that pulley system.

It is like skiing but obviously does not require the snow. I placed my foot into each section in the foot pedals and adjust the waist pad so that it supports when I lean forward.


You can see how it works on the video below. This video was compressed to fit the video file type so it wasn't in actual size as original one.



I took about 45-50 minutes of exercise on that ski machine. It was really vigorous workout and made me sweat like running miles away. Listening the songs is great for fighting off boredom while exercising. I chose a few techno songs while working out. The different upbeat music background making me  feel  energized and powerful. In fact, it really helped me to workout at higher intensity, increase effectiveness and won't feel tired after that.

So just hop on any exercise equipment, get the great cardio workout and let it be part of your healthy lifestyle.