Debit card is really convenient for making purchases at the store, online shopping, booking flight, paying at gas station and restaurants. No worry if no cash in wallet. No bulky wallet with dollar bills and coins and also save time from driving to ATM to withdraw money. 
Unlike credit card, debit card deducts money electronically from your bank account. Seriously debit card replacing cash or representing electronic money. How comfort it is when you just bring the plastic card everywhere, swipe and pin?

I
I was at self-checkout machine (auto cashier) at the local store

Recently the Bank of America (BOA) planned to charge $5/month for using debit cards for purchases early next year.
from ABC.com
This news really shocking the customers including me. I am BOA account holder more than 4 years and the charging monthly fees completely disappointed me and hurting thousands customers. Besides BOA, the other largest banks like Wells Fargo, Chase and SunTrust also plan for the same thing. Obviously nobody wants to pay the fees. Supposely banks save our money and not spending our money to cover their profit.

People pissed off with this news and reacting to change it. Few things happened:

1) Bank Transfer Day will be launching on Nov 5th

2) One of the customers launched a petition at Change.org website for opposing debit card fees. Personally I support that petition and already signed it up.

from change.org website
President Barak Obama also has signed up the petition.
3) Chase and Well Fargo announced cancelling the debit card fees when the customers start closing their accounts.

from CNN website
Switching to other bank and ditching BOA account are part of my plan since I heard that bad news. 


I started looking and research the other banks such as online banks (Ally, ING etc) and credit union which offer good rates and without ridiculous fees for sure. Finally I managed to open new bank account on Thursday this week (Oct 27). Local credit union bank is my choice. Soon I will close the BOA if this fee happens.  Screw BOA!